Subject: Re: Some ideas/questions (long)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:49:57 +0800

Hello all,

[Robert LeChevalier:]

> over to TLI. Prothero in particular invented the use of the "error" token
> to define elidable terminators which is a key feature that TLI Loglan and
> Lojban both share. Prothero expressly gave us permission in case it proved

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but upon hearing about this use of the
"error" token, I am starting to feel somewhat uncomfortable. Specifically, I
fear that using such strange hacks will make it harder to explain (and
grasp) intuitively when certain words can be elided, without referring to a
specific 1970's parsing technology.

(I am thinking of utterances such as ".i le gerku jersi le mlatu fa'o"
without "cu" before "jersi" -- this can be `intuitively' construed as a
garden-path utterance for "The dog chases the cat", but will be rejected by
an LALR(1) parser.)

Thanks,
--
GPG:f75949318a026c5707ff188b438cca87faf73a82 http://angelfire.com/folk/sm0p/
GCS/MU d- s: a- C++() UL P++(+++) L++(+++) E- W++ N(+) o K? w--- O? M? V?
PS(+) PE Y+ PGP+ t? 5? X- R- tv-() b+ DI(+) D+ G e++ h-- !r>+++ !y

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 10:49:57 +0800

Hello all,

[Robert LeChevalier:]

Thanks,