

Sun, 05 Mar 2000 15:02:50 PST
X-Originating-IP: [200.41.247.53]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [lojban] (unknown)
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 15:02:50 PST
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed
X-eGroups-From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>

la stivn cusku di'e

>3. Let the set f be that set which contains all of the members of all
>the possible sets m.

No! That is the set of all clubs, because every club belongs
to at least one maximally preclusive set. (BTW, that is called
the union of all maximally preclusive sets.)

But you cannot define f as more than one m.p.s. because then
final clubs will not satisfy the circular definition. Only
one m.p.s. can be the set of final clubs.

>4. Call a club, c, a final club iff it is a member of f.
>
>Just tidying up. Does that do it?

It is provably impossible to define f from the given premises,
so nothing will do it.

co'o mi'e xorxes

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com