Subject: Re: [lojban] Mass/Set

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 15:32:52 -0500

At 09:46 AM 03/11/2000 -0800, Jorge Llambias wrote:
>la pyjymym cusku di´e
>
> >(I didn't wish to make any claim on probability distribution of eating
> >situations behind the claim {lei nanmu cu citka lo plise}.)
>
>Now that I think about it again, I don't agree that
>{lei nanmu cu citka lo plise} is similar to
>{su'o nanmu cu citka lo plise}. It really depends on
>what exactly does {citka} mean. Does eating a fraction
>of an apple count as "eating an apple"?

It better, since most people who eat apples only eat a fraction of them, 
discarding the core.

> I think it doesn't,
>so if some men (as a group, together) eat an apple, it may
>be the case than none of them can be said to have eaten an
>apple by himself.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org (newly updated!)