Subject: Sumti connectives <-> sentence connectives

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 23:18:31 +0000 (GMT)

Given the following sentence :

le nanmu e le ninmu cu citka le plise a le jbari

which of the connectives 'e' and 'a' has higher 'precedence'? i.e. if
this is expanded, is it equivalent to

le nanmu cu citka le plise a le jbari
ije le ninmu cu citka le plise a le jbari

or to

le nanmu e le ninmu cu citka le plise
ija le nanmu e le ninmu cu citka le jbari

I think if the connectives had been the same (le nanmu e le ninmu cu citka
le plise e le jbari) it would make no difference. However, I don't recall
coming across a discussion of what happens if the connectives are
different.

saurbi'o fami .isaurbi'o fado .i.ia.ua
co'o mi'e ritcyd.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare Network time sync for Linux/Solaris/Dial-up at
United Kingdom http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/chrony/