Subject: Re: [lojban] A wide variety of comments...

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 03:39:07 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
> 
> To that end, I would like to see lojbanists using some kind of
> real-time conversation to teach each other the language in actual
> conversation. I would be happy to point people to space on the mud I
> run specifically for this. Ecstatic, actually. IRC is another option.
> There are lots. The main thing is that I think that most of us would
> learn the language _much_ faster if we had a reason and a venue to use
> it conversationally. Not only that, but such a venue would provide
> instant ideas and criticism on translations.

Dandy idea. Propose a time on IRC! Keep in mind we range from the US to
Finland in time zones. Already there are people dropping in at random
times on #lojban on EFNet IRC, and bots there holding the fort. Plenty of
real time discussions have occurred there.

> Something voice-based like that at http://www.paltalk.com/ would
> also rock, but would probably work better if there was a set time for
> people to meet.

Paltalk only runs on WimpDos. If you can find one of these that runs on
Macs and Linux, it would be great!

-----
Turn soft and lovely whenever you have a chance. 
([email-masked])