Subject: Re: [lojban] A wide variety of comments...

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:21:27 -0500

>On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>
>> http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/rlpowell/lojban.html
>
>You're missing an </EM> tag after `Loglan', 

Fixed.

>and the image has a white background but the page is grey. I hate that.
>Crop the extraneous white area so that it isn't any bigger than the
>word, and either make the image transparent (PNG format can do this) or
>make the page white. 

Note that it's not my picture. Also, if the background is grey, that's
your browser's problem. I didn't define any colors anywhere in the
document at all.

>Couldn't hurt to give it ALT text, remove the ALIGN attribute, and
>enclose it in H! tags rather than P tags (it's a header, mark it up
>that way).

True. It was a rough job.

>The `no frames?' link should not have a question mark 

You _are_ aware that I was copying the lojban.org site, right? No
content was changed.

>and should load in the parent, not in the current frame
>(target="_parent").

I'll take your word for it, I've never used frames before.

>Sites like these can benefit from the use of nice HTML elements like CITE
>and the like.

<nod>

>> The only substantial visual change is the common leftwise alignment of
>> the stuff in the middle, which I can fix if you like.
>
>Body text, intended to be read by people, should always be left-aligned, I
>think.

I agree, but I was trying to do nothing but a cleanup of the
machine-generated html at lojban.org.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
As a member of the Hans Solo School of Action Before Thought, Welcome,
You've Got Male.