Subject: Re: [lojban] #lojban on IRC (was: onelist/egroups merger)

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:22:58 -0400

At 11:45 AM 04/15/2000 +0000, Arnt-Richard Johansen wrote:
>--- In [email-masked], Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group
><lojbab@l...> wrote:
>[...]
> > (Nora
> > and I have always wondered when to look for such sessions - I have
>never
> > found anyone on #Lojban when I have looked).
>
>Are you absolutely sure that it was #lojban on EFnet you checked?
>Nowadays, there's always at least a couple of people there. (For
>sufficiently small values of "people": some are bots, and some are
>people with cable connections, who stay on IRC around the clock, but
>are not always present at their computers.)

I *was* sure, but now I am not. I read the verbiage on the server, which 
mIRC said was an EFnet server, and it said it wasn't. I have now found 
another server that definitely is EFNet and there is indeed a couple people 
on just now when I tried (1220 EDT -0500), though no one seems to be 
actively paying attention, since I have seen no response to my hello.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org (newly updated!)