Subject: Re: [lojban] re: nazycau gerku and najyzme

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:50:20 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/00 0:55:43 AM CST, [email-masked] writes:

> How should I read the observatives (well, I don't suppose you can observe 
a 
> perfective)? 

za'a galfi le jufra (It seems to modify the sentence.)>>

Makes sense, but not grammar: the preceding English is not a sumti (needs 
quotes or, better, a linguistic deixis, {de'u} say) And will {galfi} really 
work: the sentence is
unchanged and the lojban phrase is hardly an agent? {ve skicu}? [Natural 
tight literalism in action]

<<zo nazyzme cu valsi le nazbi guzme .i zo najyzme cu valsi
le narju guzme>>

u'u .i mi dukse pensi loi nazbi .i mi pu'o ciksi zo nazyzme fo la'e lu kanba 
se cigla panci guzme li'u no'u la'e zoi gy. muskmelon .gy .i ma sinxa zoi 
gy. pumpkin.gy

Is it time for the occasional worry about the lack of redundancy (= the 
packedness of some word spaces) in Lojban?
pc