Subject: French word for "Lojban"

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 16:38:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
	I am french and thus french-speaker, and I need some crucial
information on this particular point: what is the gender of the word
"Lojban" in french ?

	I mean, even if "Lojban" taken as a name for LLG's work is
genderless, we french people use languages names with genders, and we
almost always use the male gender (as in /le français/, /l'anglais est
intéressant/, /le chinois/, etc.). Unfortunately, "Logical Language", of
which "Lojban" is a contraction, translates to /la langue logique/,
/langue/ being the french word for "language" or "tongue".
	I have personally used "Lojban" as a 'male' word for the moment,
thinking that afterall /Langage Logique/ (/langage/ is 'male' in french)
is also a valid translation for /Logical Language/; indeed, we rather say
/langage formel/ to express "formal language".
	But I might be wrong. And there is perhaps already a proper
official gender. As unfortunately I down't know of any lojban-aware french
people, could you please enlighten me ?

Thanks in advance
raph

-- 
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.1
GCS/TW/MU d(+) s:- a-- C++ UL++>+$ P+ L+++>+ E- W N o? K? (!)w-- O? M V? 
PS+ !PE Y PGP+ t? 5? X++@ R? !tv b+++ DI? D+ G++ e h r(-)% y+ 
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------