Subject: Re: [lojban] slashdot.org gives Lojban a push

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 05:43:51 -0400

At 04:54 AM 05/04/2000 -0400, Bob LeChevalier (lojbab) wrote:
> > > We already have a quite international audience. Take a look 
> sometime. Our
> > > most frequent poster is Jorge from Argentina. Chris from New Zealand 
> just
> > > responded on this thread. I think something like 30-40% of list
> > > subscribers are known to be non-US people
> >
> >Hmm, and how many of those still have English as their native language?
>
>I'll do a count next time I look at the subscription list.

Of 191 subscribers just now, there were 11 easily spotted duplicates for a 
maximum of 180 distinct subscribers. Of these, 50 had not US domains (all 
of which are likely to be non-US), and another 13 are known to be known to 
be non-US (or non-English native in the US) (there are probably a few I did 
not spot), so we have 63 of 180 non-US or 35%. Of the non-US subscribers, 
20 are from English-speaking countries or are known to be English native 
speakers, which means that 43 or more of 180 are non-native English 
speakers, or 24%.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org (newly updated!)