Subject: Re: [lojban] slashdot.org gives Lojban a push

From: Robin turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 May 2000 17:30:20 +0300

> la lojbab. cusku di'e

> >Also, I'm learning lojban via English, and usually translate lojban into
> >English instead of my native German, which doesn't help the issue
> >either. I guess I'd like to see a lot of the lojban learning material
> >available in all the gismu source languages as well as other languages,
> >especially French and German, so we can offer native stuff to as many
> >prospective lojban learners as possible.
>
> Wouldn't we all. Esperanto is a reasonable priority too since we have many
> Esperantists and it would reach people already interested in artificial
> languages.

Anyone who wants a task less formidable than _The Complete Lojban Language_ or
the gismu list is welcome to have a go at my beginners' course. This would be
more of a rewrite than a translation, though, since much of it is geared towards
English speakers. Someone offered to do a Swedish version, but I don@t know how
far he got with it.

Oh yes, and I know it's _still_ not finished. On the rare occasions that I have
time and cognitive steam to work on it, I keep getting stuck on the connectives
lesson - it was going fine until we had all those postings about counterfactuals.

co'o m i'e robin.