Subject: LogFest 2000 announcement

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2000 01:31:52 -0400

This is the Official announcement (finally) of LogFest 2000, which will be 
held as usual at my house in the Virginia suburbs of Washington DC USA.

LogFest will be held the weekend of August 5-6, 2000. Guests often arrive 
on Friday, and some leave as late as Monday; we can be flexible on 
accommodations. Most attendees sleep at semi-random times using our 
collection of spare beds and mattresses, since activity and discussions 
continue at all hours of the night. We provide food, asking an optional 
contribution of around $30 per person attending to defray the costs of 
LogFest (some generously give more %^). Since you don't need a hotel, and 
can take the Metro subway to only a few blocks from my house (where someone 
can pick you up), this is generally the only cost other than getting here, 
unless you buy Lojban materials.

We are expecting to again have fluent Lojban speaker Nick Nicholas, and 
this year we also have the possibility that John Clifford (pc) will 
attend. Lojban reference book author John Cowan will be there and will 
sign copies of the book on request. A couple of other new people and 
distant visitors have expressed interest, but I'll not yet speculate who 
will actually be able to make it pending more solid commitments.

We are hoping to have a significantly higher turnout than in previous 
years, and more in-Lojban conversation, given the large growth in the 
numbers of people who are actively learning the language, but you needn't 
be a skilled Lojbanist to attend - we also offer impromptu classes and 
lessons. There is no formal schedule for activities (there usually is not, 
as we prefer to be flexible to accommodate the interests of those actually 
attending and awake at any given time); in general Friday is for 
socializing and getting to know people, Saturday is the main day for Lojban 
activities, and Sunday is when we hold the annual official meeting of The 
Logical Language Group, Inc., as required by law (all are welcome at the 
meeting). There will likely be scheduled IRC sessions to involve the world 
community of Lojbanists in this annual celebration of Lojban; times to be 
announced later.

The official meeting of The Logical Language Group, Inc. is called for 
1030AM EDT on Sunday August 6, 2000, at my house, 2904 Beau Lane Fairfax VA 
USA. Official LLG members (you should know who you are) will be 
specifically asked to attend or send a proxy; if there are any issues 
requiring wider discussion, we will likely use IRC channel #Lojban or 
Lojban List to poll the community and membership live.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org (newly updated!)