Subject: Re: [lojban] So, wait til you feel a cold no-nose

From: Peter Moulder <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 May 2000 16:40:50 +1000

la xorxes. no'u <[email-masked]> cusku di'e

> >The places of {jmina} after the agent place look about right. It's easy to 
> >add an agent in lojban; how do you drop one?
> 
> {zi'o} is used to drop a place, but I avoid it as much as
> I can, it doesn't feel right. Isn't {sumji} the agentless
> {jmina}?

My tendency would be to leave sumji as mathematical as possible,
i.e. as close as possible to existing concepts of addition in
mathematics, so I'd say there's an even stronger case for saying that
sumji should be commutative than the corresponding case for jmina.

The word {tanru} is probably more suitable. The definition is more
generic than what we usually think of as tanru:

tanru [ tau ] phrase compound
x1 is a binary metaphor formed with x2 modifying x3, giving meaning x4
in language x5 <br> (x2 and x3 are both text or both si'o concept)

So I think it is appropriate for general grammatical modification,
including subject/predicate in English (see x5).

co'o mi'e pijem.