Subject: Re: [lojban] RE: Intro and Questions

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 12:11:56 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> >you might even be allowed {le do zo zo'u}).
> 
> It doesn't parse. You can make it {le do me zo zo'u},
> or, weird but possible, {le do pa zo zo'u}.>>
> 
> Thanks. I can't get this rule straight. I suppose that the problem here is
> that {le} absorbs {do} into a new LE. 

The straightforward way is zo zo'u pe do, though. "Le do <selbri>" is just
a concise way of saying "le <selbri> pe do".

> Does it absorb {pu} and {vi} as well?

No. Those have to have a selbri following.

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)