Subject: Re: [lojban] Logflash

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 18:19:37 -0400

>
>> > > (I'm planning a version of logflash's algorithm for UNIX. If there are any
>> > > suggestions, please feel free to make them.)
>
>> No, I meant I'm doing a complete rewrite from the algorithm statement, in
>> C, using ncurses.
>> 
>
>	Using C is probably a very good idea, 

Strongly agree.

>using ANSI/POSIX would be yet even better so that it is very portable
>at the end (I can help you with that), 

Agree. GNU autoconf is also good.

>and of course make it GPL'ed. ;-)) 

Strongly disagree. The GPL is viral in a very virulent and obnoxious
way. Use the LGPL or put it in the public domain or something.

>I also suggest making the source as modular as possible, so that it is
>easy to implement an X interface once the ncurses is done.

Agree.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
As a member of the Hans Solo School of Action Before Thought, Welcome,
You've Got Male.