Subject: Re: [lojban] Lojbanizing my (nick)name

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 17:23:23 -0400

At 02:18 PM 05/08/2000 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>In a message dated 5/8/00 5:42:43 AM CST, [email-masked] writes:
><< My mind keeps on suggesting "la mlatupren." as a lujvo-based name
> but I haven't yet worked through the lujvo-making rules to see if
> this is correct. Anyone? >>
>It has to be {mlatypren} for a lujvo, but your form is OK for a name -- I
>think. For the werewolf analogy, I would toss a {binxo} in between {mlatu}
>and {prenu}, but that is literalism at work again.

Names do not need to match lujvo making rules, except in avoiding illegal 
consonant clusters. mlatupren would be an good name, but not a good lujvo, 
since you cannot drop the final vowel. But the optimal form would I think 
be latpre[n] with the 'n' added for the name-form.

For the lujvo, I might use latjolpre (mlatu joi prenu), (in preference to 
binxo) but I would be more inclined to use remna instead of prenu, because 
my cats, while not in the least human/werecats are already prenu.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org (newly updated!)