Subject: Trip to Europe

From: "Robert J. Chassell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:24:48 -0400 (EDT)

I'm leaving for Europe on Thursday, where I will be speaking on free software.

On Saturday and Sunday, I am speaking at 2. Braunschweiger Linux-Tage

http://Braunschweiger.LinuxTage.de

The first talk is introductory -- how the GNU General Public License,
a legal tool, shaped the technology of software; the second is
somewhat more complex, about access and empowerment.

Then, Monday - Friday, I am giving the keynote speech at each of that
week's one day Linux@work conferences. 

http://www.ltt.de/linux.html

This is one of those `one-day per country' jaunts: Amsterdam, Paris,
London, Frankfurt, Zurich. I'll be giving a more or less similar
talk in each city, about what freedom with regard to software brings
to the economy.

The next Sunday, I am talking about ethics and free software at the
Technical University of Clausthal, 

http://www.esg.tu-clausthal.de/

and on the following Tuesday, I speak on `The World of Free Software'
in Stockholm.

http://www.iir.se/

While I am, in one way, looking forward to this trip, in another way,
I am not: there is not enough time for me to enjoy Europe or visit.
But if any of you are interested in any of the events, please come by.

-- 
Robert J. Chassell [email-masked]
http://www.rattlesnake.com http://www.teak.cc