Subject: Re: OT - programming logflash Re: [lojban] Logflash

From: Chris Double <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 May 2000 08:24:41 +1200

Taral <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm seriously thinking of switching either to C++ with STL or to
> Python. I don't want to have to handle the problems with lists of
> words in C. It's already been done and it's WAY too time-consuming
> to re-implement.

Have you looked at the language Dylan? It provides much of the power
of CLOS/Lisp with an algol-ish syntax and the currently available
implementations are compilers. Gwydion Dylan compiles to 'C' which is
then compiled by the local 'C' compiler. Functional Developer (Windows
product) produces native code. Implementations available for Windows,
Unix, BeOS, etc:

http://www.gwydiondylan.org
http://www.functionalobjects.com

Just trying to save you from C++ :-)

Chris.
-- 
http://www.double.co.nz/lojban