Subject: Logflash

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 19:09:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Taral wrote:

> I was thinking of making a couple modifications to the algorithm once a
> complete replica was made:
> 
> 1) Using word frequencies to alter how frequently a word is tested.
> 2) Tracking error rates on both L->E and E->L directions. (Possibly using
> an aging algorithm... it will need tuning.)
> 3) Providing multiple correct answers for translation. (I'm not so sure
> about this one.)
> 
> Any comments?

I want to be able to use an English synonym found in the given definition
instead of the canonical word. For instance, for klama, either
"come" OR "go". The frustration over feeling punished for giving the
correct idea but the wrong word has postponed my Logflash usage until I
bother to go through the list and remove the words I already know, such as
klama.

-----
In the Linux world, all of the major distributions have turned into 
companies. How much revenue would Red Hat generate if their product 
was flawless? How much support would they sell?