Subject: Re: [lojban] Logflash

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 07:44:08 -0400

At 08:37 PM 05/11/2000 -0500, Taral wrote:
>On Thu, 11 May 2000, Invent Yourself wrote:
>
> > I want to be able to use an English synonym found in the given definition
> > instead of the canonical word. For instance, for klama, either
> > "come" OR "go". The frustration over feeling punished for giving the
> > correct idea but the wrong word has postponed my Logflash usage until I
> > bother to go through the list and remove the words I already know, such as
> > klama.
>
>Care to locate a thesaurus file for my program?

I think he is referring specifically to the "clue words", which in the 
gismu list are found in the field immediately following the "keyword" that 
LogFlash tests you on. The clue words were not designed to be easily typed 
into LogFlash as they appear in the list - some are roots and partial forms 
of words. The keywords were selected so as to be unique, maximally 
suggestive of meaning, and easy to type (i.e. short). I could be wrong, 
but it is likely that some cluewords are keywords for another LogFlash 
word, which means that multiple choices of words encourages cross-links.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org