Subject: Re: [lojban] centripetality: subset vs component

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 07:47:47 -0400

At 08:06 AM 05/12/2000 +0000, PILCH Hartmut wrote:
> > In general, little endian makes more sense. I live in Soho. If you don't
> > know where that is, I'll tell you it's in Manhattan, and so on.
>
>You apparently didn't read my argumentation.

We are unconvinced by it.

>You repeat the same fallacies that have been debated over and over again.
>I should create some "liste of popular linguistic errors concerning date
>structures".
>In short: there are two different hierarchies of importance: that of the
>listener and that of the speaker. The communication-centered vs the
>ego-centered one. Tho Postman does not first go to Soho but to the the
>next smaller radius after the common circle that connects him to you, e.g.
>"U.S. ==> New York". "New York" is the important part, not "Soho".

No postman involved. If I am in Soho talking to someone else, he doesn't 
need to go to the US or New York first.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org