Subject: Re: [lojban] RECORD: another negative

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 10:41:56 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> {na} is a wide-scope negative, that is, its scope is the entire bridi in
> which it occurs,
> regardless of where it occurs in that bridi.

Semantically you are right, but syntactically "na" is permitted only just
before the selbri.

> And wide-scope includes also
> the prenex.
> Thus {da na broda} = {na da broda}= {da broda na}={na su'o da zo'u da broda}.

"na da broda" and "da broda na" are ungrammatical. If I heard them, I
would suppose that someone was incorrectly eliding "ku" from "naku"
and interpret them as "naku".

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)