Subject: Help with fiction

From: "LYlun.martins." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:42:33 -0300

A secret society calls themselves "Information Cabal". They
believe basically in "information wants to be free" and for
most of this century they collect and redistribute information,
while they cultivate computers, the hacker culture and the
Internet.

This is a world very similar to our own, but with lots of
secret societies running stuff in the background - call it
conspiracy theory fiction if you wish :-)

The Information Cabal believes in universal languages and some
of its members spend a good portion of the century researching
and pushing them. Until one of those languages was "ready",
they used English for all internal communications.

Recently they decided lojban is the language they want, and
decided to switch to it. Consequently, they will change their
name to something in lojban.

That's where I'm stuck :-)

The closest bridi to "information" in this sense is {datni},
but even then I'm not very sure about how to use.

And how to express "cabal"? I can't find something that
abstractly refers to a group in this meaning - perhaps if there
was such a bridi, I could use "secret society" (secret group).
But {girzu} sounds different to me...

{mipri girzu}? {sivni girzu}?

Looks like I'm still struggling with the basics :-)

[]s,
|alo
+----
--
Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo mailto:[email-masked]
pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG) --- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar