Subject: Re: [lojban] lisri

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 03:58:53 -0400

>ny jgari le sigvau lei molctebi noi kandi xunre

le sigvau == the cigar container, but why would N be holding that in
eir mouth?

>le sigdanmo ga'ufa'a sirji le jelca sigyfa'o le mokca be le nu preja lo
>kalsa 

Congratulations. I just had my first experience of literary awe WRT a
sentence in lojban. That was _beautiful_. IMO, the beauty is in the
underlying expectation of logic: expecting a description of relationship
of movement, specifically to a 'point' in the physics/math sense, 'le nu
preja lo kalsa' comes completely by surprise.

Anyone who says that lojban can't express subtle thought because it's
logical hasn't played with it enough.

>i le se pensi be ny darno 

Are you sure you didn't mean

le se pensi be ny cu darno 

? The parser finds no bridi in your version.

>la pedrot tolcanci le ragve be le barja galjbu gi'e
>punji lo kabri gy gi'e masno tisygau ky lo xunre vanju

<blush> It was only here that I realized what 'ny' reffered to, because
I was trying to deal with 'gy'. I thought 'ny' was someone whose name
started with N., not nescessarily 'le ninmu'.

Oops.

>i lu do terpreti ma le du'u xukau ri ba fasnu li'u

Is the 'ri' here referring to the 'ma'?
If so, seems like an odd choice; why not just say ma?

>to ba di'a ranji toi

Glad to hear it; wonderful so far.

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
... stripped of our uniqueness as human beings by Darwin, exposed to our
own inadequacies by Freud, ... Power -- "the ability to bring about our
desires" -- is all that we have left. --- Michael Korda, _Power!_