Subject: Re: [lojban] Help with fiction

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 15:16:47 -0400

At 04:42 PM 05/19/2000 -0300, LYlun.martins. wrote:
>A secret society calls themselves "Information Cabal". They
>believe basically in "information wants to be free" and for
>most of this century they collect and redistribute information,
>while they cultivate computers, the hacker culture and the
>Internet.

I think datni covers this. Information need not be true, hence I think se 
djuno is not necessarily covering all information. sidbo may also be 
involved somewhere in here.

>And how to express "cabal"? I can't find something that
>abstractly refers to a group in this meaning - perhaps if there
>was such a bridi, I could use "secret society" (secret group).
>But {girzu} sounds different to me...

You want "bende", not girzu.

>{mipri girzu}? {sivni girzu}?

You have presented reasons why they are not necessarily a tradition 
"cabal". With Lojban, they have decide just what they are trying to say.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org