Subject: Re: [lojban] [OT] Silicon Valley Lojbanists?

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 15:47:10 -0400

At 10:01 PM 05/19/2000 -0400, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >At 10:29 PM 05/18/2000 -0400, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >
> >>Having just moved to one of the premier geek Meccas, it occures to me
> >>that there's a non-zero chance of there being other Lojbanists here in
> >>the Silicon Valley.
> >
> >Only around a hundred or so, the last time I counted, though that includes
> >some in the rest of the Bay Area.
>
>Coolness! So, are there any kind of meetings/hang-out sessions for
>Lojbanists?

Not that I know of. There have been one-time meetings before, when I have 
come to town. Incidentally, there is a likelihood that I will be in the 
Bay Area in the week or two after LogFest - mid August. Dates as yet 
uncertain. But if there is interest, I will almost certainly budget time 
for a meeting.

>If not, are people interested in starting some? It would sure be nice
>to be able to learn the language in actual verbal use. :P

If/when I get things organized, I can give you contact information for Bay 
Area Lojbanists. Trouble is, a lot is obsolete - I don't have any of the 
area code changes of recent years in my files, for example, and I 
understand that area has had a lot of them.

lojbab
----
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org