Subject: Re: [lojban] RECORD: morphology

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:33:24 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:

> 1. The latest version (June, 92) of the speech stream resolution program is
> in brkwords.zip in the archives on the lojban.org site.
> 2. The "no la, lai, doi in cmene" rule apparently means "not as a complete
> syllable," so that Cla(i) is possible as also lau (maybe even, under a new
> algorithm, la'a)

Perhaps "la'a" doesn't have to be forbidden, but in fact it still is and
will probably remain so.

> 6. There are possible fu'ivla in the CVVC(V) spaces as well as in the CCVVCV
> space, but the tests do go on a while (and the possibility of CVVV cmavo will
> complicate this situation)

Nope. Fu'ivla, like all brivla, must have a consonant cluster in the first
five letters (neglecting "y"s, which are forbidden in fu'ivla anyhow).

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)