Subject: Re: [lojban] RECORD: morphology

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:12:15 EDT

In a message dated 00-05-25 10:37:34 EDT, [email-masked] (John 
Cowan) writes:

<< [email-masked] wrote:

> 1. The latest version (June, 92) of the speech stream resolution program 
is > in brkwords.zip in the archives on the lojban.org site.
> 2. The "no la, lai, doi in cmene" rule apparently means "not as a complete 
> syllable," so that Cla(i) is possible as also lau (maybe even, under a new 
> algorithm, la'a)

Perhaps "la'a" doesn't have to be forbidden, but in fact it still is and
will probably remain so.>> 
Didn't mean to imply otherwise, but to hold out hope for us La'adan fans

<<> 6. There are possible fu'ivla in the CVVC(V) spaces as well as in the 
CCVVCV > space, but the tests do go on a while (and the possibility of CVVV 
cmavo will > complicate this situation)

Nope. Fu'ivla, like all brivla, must have a consonant cluster in the first
five letters (neglecting "y"s, which are forbidden in fu'ivla anyhow). >>
Weird brainfart! CVVC(V) should have been VCCV(V)