Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: coi rodo - mi'e .aulun.

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 08:12:51 PDT

la aulung cusku di'e

>But then after this playful intermezzo, Chuang turns back to show his
>own premise:
>2) It is possible to know the feelings (etc.) of something/somebody
>outside of yourself, because everything being part of nature i.e.
>the 'ten thousand things' €  ¸U€  ª« (wan wu) around you. Hence, you
>yourself also being part of the whole are sharing everything with it.
>(A blade of grass falls to the ground, and everything - even sun and
> moon - is moving along with it).

But Chuang doesn't really _show_ it, he justs asserts it.
It is certainly possible to ask ourselves about the pleasure
of fish, the pleasure of rocks and the pleasure of airplanes,
and we can certainly answer ourselves. Hui probably would
prefer to use another word than pleasure for the things that
fish, rocks and airplanes do, but that's just semantics.

>These two different platforms each one of them start from, has
>nothing to do with different logics rather than philosophies, I'd
>say.

I agree. Neither of them seems overly concerned with logic.

>But somehow - Chuang, remaining unfazed, has cut a finer picture
>than Hui (maybe, only that the story was told by Chuang himself
>as all we know about Hui goes back to Chuang!)

Chuang's is certainly a more charming picture, and no doubt
his being the narrator has a lot to do with it. (And he gets
to have the last word, of course!)

co'o mi'e xorxes

________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com