Subject: Re: coi rodo

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 16:59:11 +0100 (BST)

--- In [email-masked], Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:
> Coi, mi'e Pier Abat. 

Bonjour Pierre! Bienvenu `a Lojbanistan!

>I le cmene mi fraso se basru lu pier aba. li'u.

Well, you want to say "In French, my name sounds...".
Unfortunately, {bacru} has only two places: x1 for the speaker, and x2
for the sound. Speaking pedantically, the name itself cannot sound, unless
someone speaks it. We are dealing here rather with the sound *corresponding* 
to the name. How about

mapti [ mat ] fit ; 'match' 
x1 fits/matches/suits/is compatible/appropriate/corresponds to/with x2 
in property/aspect x3 

Now: x1 = the actual sound (quotation)
x2 = "name" = {cmene}
x3 = "sound" = sance

To quote a non-lojbanic text we use {zoi} with a separator, say {fy} for 
{fraso}, see refgrammar Ch.19, section 10.

Altogether, my proposal is

zoi fy. pier abA .fy. cu mapti le mi cmene le sance

What do the experts say? After all, I am a beginner too.

> Ni'o mi tavla lo skami lu "Ko gasnu" li'u.

Pas d'objections. Or, you can say {mi minde} = I order (to the computer)

Bon courage!

Amicalement

Eugene Sklyanin