Subject: Re: [lojban] (Technical) Problem area in v3 grammar

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 21:47:56 +0100

On Sun, Jun 04, 2000 at 06:14:10PM -0700, Clark & Janiece Nelson wrote:
> > Richard Curnow scripsit:
> >
> > > Having had another day to think about this, I think John's suggested
> > > modification to grammar.300 provides more generality than is
> actually
> > > required to fix the problem.
> >
> 
> On the other hand, John's modification would make true the statement
> from The Complete Lojban Language, chapter 10, section 27: "It is
> grammatical for a termset to be placed after a tense or modal tag," thus
> removing a contradiction from the Book.

Yes indeed - I hadn't noticed that statement in the book in the context
of this issue before. Also, in the light of John's email yesterday
showing how my minimal scheme would introduce two distinct uses for
nu'i, it's pretty clear that John's method is the right one to adopt.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/