Subject: Could Lojban really help?

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 23:29:15 -0400

It seems that Lojban has suddenly become a hot topic. Doing a deja news 
search I found some 60 mentions in the last month, most of them in the last 
few days on the science fiction newsgroups. I haven't quite gotten to the 
most recent thread yet, but the following discussion caught my eye, and I 
was wondering whether Lojban could indeed help such a, umm, soul 
out. Rather than bust my brain, I figured I'd let the list have fun 
%^) Tackle any of the indicated phrases, as you find them interesting.

>From rec.arts.sf.written of 5/18/00

>Pete McCutchen wrote:
> > Suppose we assume that God is not time-bound (just for the sake of
> > argument). Now suppose that, after you were dead, God asked your
> > spirit, "OK, was it worth it?" and then refrained from creating you if
> > the answer was "no." Would that answer your objection?
>
>No. Because for me to be able to give an answer, I would have had to have 
>existed somehow, on at least some timeline, even if it's some weird 
>closed-loop thingy that means I never existed *to anyone else*. (Oh, 
>where's lojban when you need it?) Saying "can I torture you, then make you 
>never have existed?" is only a small step away from "can I torture you, 
>then give you amnesia so you don't remember it?"
>_____________________________________________________________________
>Susan Stepney tel +44 1223 366343 [email-masked]
>Logica UK Ltd, Betjeman House, 104 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1LQ, UK
>http://public.logica.com/~stepneys/ http://www.logica.com/

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org