Subject: Re: Some lujvo...

From: "Alfred W. Tüting" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:23:45 -0000

la pycyn. pu cusku di'e

> 6) ceirmamta or cesmamta (rather than: la ceirmam. :) - la mydanys.

>> 6) 1 is a god mother/ holy mother of 2 -- probably not culturally
neutral: 
>> maybe social mother or religious mother or education mother is
more neutral 
>> -- every culture seems to have such a job.

I did *not* want be *neutral*, but find an expression for 'Madonna'
(God's mother). Is it the task of Lojban to be neutral at any 
cost? One could create a monstre lujvo with built-in definition
(mother-of-god-Jesus-Christ-in-the-sense-of-Roman-Catholic-
Greek-Orthodox .... religious-understanding), but that is not the
goal. Shouldn't we try to get concise and unambiguous expressions, 
e.g. of Chinese type "shenfu" (Roman-Catholic missionary priest)? How
about 'Rabbi' (ravvi) as /doictu/ (do ctucu)? Or /
solcevni/solcei (solri cevni)?

>7) zirblagrute
>> 7) 1 is a bluish-purple fruit of species 2 (grape? plum? eggplant?)

Shouldn't /zirbla/ be purplish-blue? Is eggplant a fruit or a
vegetable? - It might be /grute/ anyway ;)

> 8) zirblaborutytricu >>
>> 8) 1 is a fruit tree of species 2 (as above -- scratch eggplant)

Do eggplants grow on trees??? Can't imagine that /tricu/ comprises
shrubs, bushes and that kind of smaller plants, especially 
those annual herbaceous plants (Germ.: Stauden).

ki'e mi'e .aulun.