Subject: Re: lujvo

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 21:03:16 -0000

la robin. cusku di'e

> Umm, while I agree with the point that individual users of lojban
need
> not be culturally neutral, I would strongly suggest using 'le' for
any
> word so intended. I, for one, am not impressed by the phrase "the
> *real* mother of God (=Jesus Christ)".
> 
> Speak for yourself, thanks.

No, I do not want to speak for myself: so /le/ doesn't seem
appropriate (doesn't it say: something I - the speaker - describe?)
Just 
want to have a Lojban expression for something by others than me
described as 'Madonna'. IMHO this should be possible the same 
way like having an expression for 'shoe' or 'tree'. 
With *real* mother I intended to stress the *biological* sense with
regard to her son as a historical personality (whereas /
mamta/ is not restricted to being biological).
Should one better make it a cmene? 

.aulun.