Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: lujvo

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:30:23 -0400

Robin Lee Powell wrote:

> I would have read "lo
> [dragon] klama" as ipmyling something like "Some dragons, oh, by the
> way, dragons really exist, go", which is apparently wrong. So I take it
> all back. :)

The problem with that is the notion "really exist". As Ray Smullyan says,
you can no more examine a chair and tell if it is "real" than you can examine
a window and tell if it is going to be broken in a few hours. Reality is
the dream-state we don't wake up from (except perhaps when we are dead,
who knows).

But yes, predicating something about dragons implicitly asserts that there
are dragons to predicate about.

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)