Subject: Re: Hello from a newbie!

From: "Alfred W. Tueting (Tüting)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:34:17 -0000

--- In [email-masked], Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:

> >With luck I'll fair better with lojban than I did with German. :-)
> 
> Vier fünfmal vervierfacht macht mehr als fünf viermal
verfünffacht. Li vo te'a
> mu pi'i vo zmadu li mu te'a vo pi'i mu.

Oh boy, oh boy! Where did you pick up all *that* German!!! Although
totally correct (I never heard that before) your teachers 
really must have - successfully - tried to chase their students away
from *that* language! I guess they never had read real and 
beautiful German (in fine prose or - unforgettable - poetry). It's
still worse than my first fossile Romanian text book with 
phrases all like: "Tat&atilde;l taie p&acirc;inea si spune
rug&atilde;ciunea..." (The father cuts the bread and speaks the
prayer)...

(BTW, just now, I'm re-reading Franz Werfel's delicious little prose
"Eine blassblaue Frauenschrift" (about: a pale-blue woman's 
handwriting) Although accustomed to mostly dealing with pretty
profane texts, I'm excited!)

co'o mi'e .aulun.