Subject: Re: [lojban] A defense of dead horse beating

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 16:58:23 PDT

>From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
li'o
>There have been many comments lately about the seemingly
>neverending discussions on the list about some issues.
li'o

.o'anai lojbo xajmi mupli pamei se mukti mi (I was only trying
to introduce a little Lojbanic levity...)

>I still haven't been able to figure out a comfortable way
>of saying "even", as in "even the cat wants to go".
li'o

xu banzu fa lu le ba'e mlatu cu klama djica li'u .a lu le ba'e
mlatu cu djica lenu vo'a klama li'u

>It occurs to me that sometimes the le/lo distiction is
>treated as if it was a gender difference: veridical and
>non-veridical gender.
li'o
>le/lo do not correspond exactly to the/an, of course,
>but fairly closely. In any case, the meaning of {zasti}
>is not incorporated into the article {lo}, and of course
>neither is {xanri} in {le}.

tugni carmi (Yes!)
________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com