Subject: Re: [lojban] A defense of dead horse beating

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 07:38:18 -0400

At 08:16 PM 06/17/2000 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
>In a message dated 00-06-17 19:30:27 EDT, xorxes writes:
>
><< As an example, I
> still haven't been able to figure out a comfortable way
> of saying "even", as in "even the cat wants to go". >>
>
>Stop me if I've said this before. (too late) That even means 1) everybody
>else is doing it 2) the cat is doing it, 3) I'm surprised the cat is doing
>it. I think that 3 (with 2) of course is the crucial part, so just a good
>surprise mark ought to do in most situations. Maybe strategically placed: {le
>mlatu ue cu gasnu}

In light of my previous post

le mlatu ji'a .ue cu gasnu

>Can we set up a RECORD to call up after a day or two on this one.

You seem to be the keeper of the RECORDS, Mr. Vice President (that sounds 
like it ought to be a secretarial job, I know, but Nora doesn't even get to 
read all your RECORDS until days or weeks after you write them). It seems 
that you are finally earning your long-held title, sir. zo'oga'inai

>And we still need a few go'rounds on {loi}. And most other things that have
>to wait for real speakers to settle. (Baselining is just to allow some real
>speakers to emerge, after all.)

Yes, many of which have never been seen before. Isn't it neat! .uicai

I wish JCB had understood how important it was to reach a stopping point to 
change in order to get people to learn and use the language.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org