Subject: Re: [lojban] RECORD: containers

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 19:40:57 -0400

Robin writes:
>Jorge Llambias wrote:
>> 
>> la pycyn cusku di'e
>> 
>> >I skip over the problem (for which lb has no better solution
>> >than English) of internal and external negations -- that this is
>> >a bottle but not one containing something, and simply say
>> >that, given we do acknowledge that ta is a bottle
>> 
>> This is the point. If we take the place structures seriously,
>> ta is actually being a botpi only when it contains something,
>> a side effect of the inflated place structures. 
>
>Can't you have a botpi containing nothing (or air?)?

And isn't this what zo'e is for anyways? Or leaving a place
unspecified? And since when does 'le zdani' require there to be
something living there?

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
... stripped of our uniqueness as human beings by Darwin, exposed to our
own inadequacies by Freud, ... Power -- "the ability to bring about our
desires" -- is all that we have left. --- Michael Korda, _Power!_