Subject: Re: [lojban] As Kunsunlundz said... [was RE: RECORD:containers]

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:28:58 -0400

Taral wrote:
> 
> On 26 Jun, John Cowan wrote:
> 
> > Actually what is forbidden is "ta caca'oca'a botpi" = that thing is now, ongoingly,
> > in actual fact bottling something-unspecified.
> 
> I don't understand why that is forbidden. Presumably, the "caca'oca'a"
> indicates that indeed the bottle bottles something. So the missing sumti
> means that the "something" is irrelevant to the discussion.

I meant (in now-lost context) that the claim "ta caca'oca'a botpi" cannot
be true when "ta" refers to an empty bottle, since an empty bottle is
not now bottling anything.

-- 

Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis um dies! || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau, || http://www.reutershealth.com
Denn er genoss vom Honig-Tau, || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Und trank die Milch vom Paradies. -- Coleridge (tr. Politzer)