Subject: Computing in lojbanistan

From: "LYlun.martins." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 15:49:50 -0300

I'd like to invite experient lojbanists who use Unix, GNU/Linux
or similar systems, and use software internationalized trough
potfiles (such as most GNU/Linux software), to translate some
potfiles to lojban.

GNU-compatible systems can be configured to use lojban if
available and some other language otherwise, with a syntax
similar to this:
export LANGUAGE=lb:pt_BR

Rationale: If suddenly the UI of the software you use everyday
becomes lojbanized, you'll be using lojban everyday, and thus
practicing it - perhaps, for a language with no
written-to-spoken ambiguity like lojban, to the point of
fluency. (Hmm. GNOME in lojban. Cool.)

It can also be a powerful learning tool, if you're already used
enough to the software to know what does each function by heart
- you will at least learn "File", "Edit" and "Help" in lojban
soon enough ;-)

[]s,
|alo
+----
--
Hack and Roll ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo mailto:[email-masked]
pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG) --- http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar