Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Computing in lojbanistan

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:57:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Arnt Richard Johansen wrote:

> --- In [email-masked], "LYlun.martins." <lalo@h...> wrote:
> > I'd like to invite experient lojbanists who use Unix, GNU/Linux
> > or similar systems, and use software internationalized trough
> > potfiles (such as most GNU/Linux software), to translate some
> > potfiles to lojban.
> 
> We need lots of specialized computer jargon to do that. If we were
> to 
> suddenly start inventing lots of new computer terms, they would, as 
> Lojbab has pointed out, run the risk of being flawed and/or malrarbau.

Chicken and egg. People will find it hard to write a document if they
themselves have to invent a great number of the important words as they
are writing. Yet, a list of lujvo carries little weight until it has been
tested and proven by history. So let's start at an arbitrary point, with a
weak and untested word-list, and allow the forces of peer-review and usage
to work!

How do we stick "x-lojban" where a TWO letter code is allowed? 

-----
Power Users think "Your computer is stoned" is part of the DOS copyright
banner.