Subject: Re: [lojban] Names of characters

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:59:17 +0100

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 12:17:31AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 03:23:16AM +0200, Elrond wrote:
> > 
> > > " - lubu
> > won't "lubu" be parsed as "lu bu" (and probably make the following
> > ungrammatical) ? 
> > The jbofi'e goes crazy with the even bridi "zo lubu cu valsi".
> 
> I thought the reference grammar said that 'bu' overrides just about everything.
> If not, that'd totally ruin my concept of 'zoibu'.
> 

See the files grammar.300 and bnf.300 (sorry, I don't know the URL for
these on the LLG website, I downloaded them so long ago.)

At the top of grammar.300, the order of binding the 'special'
constructions is listed. The first step (2a) is to handle zoi, so 

zoi bu .... bu

becomes a single sumti. The second step (2b) is to handle zo, so

zo lu

becomes a single sumti. The case of "<any-word> bu" is handled later,
as step (4c).

Thanks for finding that "zo lubu cu valsi" makes jbofi'e crash - at
last, a new bug to get my teeth into!

co'o mi'e ritcyd.

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow [email-masked]
Weston-super-Mare
United Kingdom http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/