Subject: Vocabulary

From: Elrond <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 01:47:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
I am (re)working on a project of mine, and this time I'm trying
some parts in Lojban, but unfortunately I am not proud of the vocabulary I
built to cover some peculiar concepts.

First, I needed a tanru/lujvo for role-playing games. There are many lujvo
out there that are related to role-playing, but there exist none to cover
the global concept itself. I was thinking of 
xarpre nunkeici'e
but it does not cover the whole meaning....

Next, I need something for "heroic fantasy". Unfortunately, there are
*lots* of meanings hidden behind these two english words, which thus
frightened me and caused me to get stuck in the process of translating
them. If anyone with better analysis skills than I have could help me
with tackling this, I'd be very glad.

Next, I am speaking about "a set of phonemic signs". I was thinking about
lo'i selmorna be lo sance lerfu bo selzbasu
however I'm not sure about it. Any comments ?

Now, if I want to speak about "language requirements" in the sense of
"what they impose on their writing system to be easily used by their
speakers", is it acceptable to use
le ciska stura selnitcu be le bangu
? (I mean, can a "bangu" actually "nitcu" anything ?)

I also want to have a discursive 
ko'a ",incidentally along with A,B,C," cu broda
I feel I should use a combination of "noi", "ce" or "le'i", but I just
cannot figure out how, nor can see where this is covered in the Book.

And finally, I'd like a clarification of what can fill the places of "for
purpose X", "under conditions/circumstances Y" and most especially "by
standard Z" in gismu place structures.

I believe (but am not sure) that "le" events suit the Y use:
"it is easy for you to use letters when it comes to writing"
le nu pilno le'i lerfu cu frili do le nu ciska

and that "lo" or "le" events suit the X use:
"you use letters for writing purposes"
do pilno le'i lerfu lo nu ciska 

but I just cannot figure out what can stand in a "by standard" place.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

co'o mi'e rafael