Subject: RE: Opposite of za'o

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:41:50 EDT

pier:
<<Since "fe'e" converts time to space, "fe'efe'e" converts time to reverse 
time.
So "mi fe'efe'eza'o klama" means "I left too soon.">>

I don't follow; the reasoning suggests that {fe'efe'e} turns space into time 
or else into whatever comes next (the funny little dimension that is all 
curled up?).

I am well on the way to being convinced by xorxes that the right way to do 
those mirror images are by the forms of the complement event: {mi co'u NA 
klama} "I already go" and {mi za'o NA klama} "I not go yet" The problems to 
be ironed out (in my mind, anyhow) are whether this is legal placement of the 
negation with the intended differentiated meaning and how to work the sumti 
tcita: is {mi na kala co'u x} "I already had left when x" or "I went when x 
which was before it was reasonable to go." This goes back to whether the 
trip to Pineville was an overshooting of Charlotte or the trip to Charlotte 
got overshot to Pineville -- common sense (i.e., English inuition?) says one 
thing (the second), the record from the last round seems to say the other.