Subject: Re: [lojban] Vocabulary (more to come)

From: Ivan A Derzhanski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 10:26:10 +0300

Elrond wrote:
> The names of the tengwar:
> =========================
> 
> tinco:tinkor parma:parman calma:kalman quesse:kuesen
[...]
> thûle:sulen formen:formen charma:xarman chwesta:xuestar
[...]
> (FIXME: the choice of the final consonant is completely arbitrary
> (although somewhat based on the niceness of the resulting spoken
> forms, any idea of a "logical" way to end those words ?)

My idea of a logical way of ending them would be a consonant
that can't occur finally in Quenya, so that it would be
immediately obvious that, say, the final consonant in _formen_'s
name is original and the one in _parma_'s is an addition
prompted by Lojban's conventions.

I hereby nominate {m} for the position of stopper in lojbanised
Quenya words.

--Ivan