Subject: LogFest 2000 - Anyone Coming?

From: Bob LeChevalier-Logical Language Group <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:55:56 -0400

LogFest 2000, our annual gathering at my house in Fairfax VA near 
Washington DC on the weekend 5-6 August, is now only a few weeks away. I 
have had rather few definite statements regarding people's plans to attend, 
and would like to hear from you if you are coming (or at least thinking 
about doing so). If you are uncertain, telling me when you will know will 
allow me to check back with you directly.

I am shortly going to start planning, and the number of people attending is 
always the key factor.

As usual, we can handle early arrivals (many arrive on Friday night), and 
with some limitations this year, late departures; most LogFest guests from 
out of town sleep in our guest-rooms - we have a fair supply of blankets 
and sleeping bags, though we certainly don't mind people bring their own 
sleeping bag. We ask for donations to cover food and other expenses, which 
tend to average around $25-$30 per person for the whole weekend.

For those unfamiliar with Logfest, it is mostly informal, with the only 
scheduled activity being the annual meeting of the Logical Language Group, 
Inc. on Sunday morning at 1030AM EDT (we also get on IRC at regular 
intervals to involve Lojbanists who cannot be present). We do whatever the 
people who attend want to do, which may include Lojban conversation, 
lessons, technical discussions, or socializing. I will of course be there, 
as will John Cowan. Fluent Lojbanist Nick Nicholas was planning to attend 
at last word, and pc has threatened to come for the first time in several 
years, so this could be one of the most interesting gatherings in a long 
while. Attendance most years has been between 10 and 20, but we could well 
set a record this year (the current record is 24).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org