Subject: Re: [lojban] Gismu search engine/browser in Java

From: John Leuner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 06:39:50 -0200 (GMT+2)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> http://aididit.dynip.com/~phma/gismu.php3
> 
> Try it and let me know what you think.

Being inspired I decided to try a quick proof-of-concept.

It's a java applet that also searches the gismu list. It only searches for
the lojban gismu though and only gives you the rasfi and the english
meaning.

But it should be easy to extend.

The reason I wrote it is because it's probably better to have the whole
dictionary on the client-side to allow faster searches. Of course the
drawback is that you have to wait for the dictionary to be transferred
intially.

Anyway, try it, if anyone asks me to improve it, I will.

http://kissme.sourceforge.net/JavaGismu/applet_test.html

Source is at:

http://kissme.sourceforge.net/JavaGismu/

John Leuner