Subject: Re: [lojban] logflash on linux

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 10:51:38 -0400

At 12:26 AM 07/25/2000 -0200, John Leuner wrote:
> > John Leuner writes:
> > >I've been trying to run the LF.EXE file on Linux, it works but I can't
> > >save the result of my lessons. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this
> > >or something similar?
> >
> > I take it you're using DosEMU?
>
>Yes I made a .dexe file. But it crashes on exit, which seems to result in
>the session stuff not being saved (I'm not even sure how it's meant to
>save files, perhaps within the dexe file).

No idea how it is supposed to work under DosEMU, but your lesson result 
should be updated as you do the lesson - in other words, when you get a 
screen at the end of a session saying you have so many words in various 
lessons, that reflects the updated state of your lesson file, which was 
rewritten during the lesson. When you exit the program, there is a DOS 
file close. The lesson file will be the username you typed at the start of 
the session to create the lesson, plus the letter L dot FL1, and there 
should be a corresponding human-readable ASCII log file using the letter H.

As far as I recall, these files are rewritten every lesson, so there should 
be no question that they should be updated. But don't type the wrong user 
name or work in the wrong directory %^).

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org