Subject: Re: [lojban] Gismu search engine/browser in Java -- updated

From: John Leuner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:02:40 -0200 (GMT+2)

I've done some work on my java applet:

http://kissme.sourceforge.net/JavaGismu/applet_test.html

Now it searches as you type the letters, ie it doesn't wait for you to
push enter.

It searches by gismu and the 3 rafsi fields. It doesn't search
alphabetically (linearly), but for any substring.

When you click on a result it shows you the meaning, place structure and
also creates buttons to cross-reference other gismu. 

You can select to search by a specific rafsi as well if you need to.

It's all best explained by the screenshot:

http://kissme.sourceforge.net/JavaGismu/javagismu.jpg

You need swing to view it, I don't use a browser to view it, I just make
sure the swing.jar is my CLASSPATH variable and use the JDK directly,
like:

/usr/jdk118/bin/appletviewer http://kissme.sourceforge.net/JavaGismu/applet_test.html

The program can very easily be converted to a java application, let me
know if anyone wants to try it that way.

John Leuner